Saturday, October 17, 2009

the patterned jacket




I'll keep my classic two-button navy and charcoal jackets handy, but their now commercial overuse has left me itching for new dew.

Enter the patterned suit. Shown from both sides of the spectrum are Fendi's chaotic yet controlled cardigan, and Gucci's more subtle yet still slightly lustrous skin.

Since the jackets' movement undoubtedly commands another's eyes, I prefer to balance this gleam with supporting solids as opposed to plaid or further patterns to avoid the impression of contrivance. Despite the slight shimmer and excitement of these jackets, the truth is that the entire ensemble should still breathe a sense of effortless simplicity, and subtle solids are the quickest way there.

To add, I'd avoid pairing the sublime Gucci jacket with matching pants shown in the picture, as matching hasn't been around since 2006.

Sidenote: I've always admired Fendi's Men's line as they've always had an air of understatement among a sea of more avant-garde trends, so I thought it particularly brilliant that this zestful jacket emerged from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment